The Was Scepter can be wielded in combat as a +4 light mace. Upon command, it expands to a length of 6 feet and can be wielded as a double weapon that has a +4 enhancement bonus. The head deals 1d6 points of bludgeoning damage and can be used to make trip attacks, while the forked end deals 1d6 points of piercing damage. The wielder can use either end as the primary weapon, with the other becoming the off-hand weapon.
Though it is formidable in melee, the scepter's true value lies in its ability to allow its wielder to claim dominion over specific areas, people, reality, and even time. As a move action, the wielder can plant the scepter's forked end into the ground to activate a 120-foot aura of dominion. The aura remains active so long as the scepter remains there. The wielder can then concentrate to manipulate the aura to produce various magical effects. The wielder can produce only a single effect at a time, and each new effect requires a new action. The effects are as follows.
- At will, the wielder can use a standard action to manipulate the aura to emulate the effects of either sanctuary or protection against chaos. These effects include all willing creatures within the aura of dominion. If the wielder activates the sanctuary effect (DC 15), all allies within the aura are subject to the usual terms of the spell. If any allies break the spell's terms, the effect immediately ends for everyone affected.
- Three times per day as a standard action, the wielder can manipulate the aura to block any extradimensional travel within the aura of dominion. The area within the aura is treated as if under the effects of dimensional lock.
- Once per day as a standard action, the wielder can manipulate the aura to force extraplanar creatures entering the aura of dominion to return to their home planes immediately, as if targeted by a banishment spell. Up to 40 Hit Dice of creatures can be affected by this effect, and creatures subject to this effect can resist with a successful DC 21 Will save.
- Lastly, once per day as a standard action, the wielder can alter time within the aura of dominion. The wielder can use time stop and include a number of people in the effect equal to 1 + the user's Charisma modifier (minimum 1). Unwilling creatures can resist this effect with a successful DC 23 Will save. Those affected by the time stop can interact with each other as normal, and individuals are not restricted from leaving the aura of dominion while the effect is in place.
The Was Scepter can be destroyed only by a ruler of Osirion with true royal blood.
- Pathfinder #83: The Slave Trenches of Hakotep
See something wrong? Tell me and I'll fix it.